Send this to your representative and Senators:
NO to Government Health Care, NO to Cooperatives, NO compromise, NO kidding.
Let me be so bold as to provide some questions and my thoughts.
1) Cooperatives especially Government Sponsored Enterprises never work. Note the current debacle of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Both GSE’s, both failed, both run by political hacks as a reward for years of service to their parties (yours BTW) both now heavily subsidized by the US Government, unfortunately, in-perpetuity I suppose. I should note that the first Cooperative tried in the US was at Jamestown Colony. It failed because all products produced were shared equally. This resulted in starvation and near destruction of the Colony. Captain John Smith ended this practice, privatized land ownership and voila, success!!! We are here now as a vibrant and independent country… Should we be destined to repeat this very same mistake with the same miserable results? I don’t think that we should.
2) Why can we not deduct our health coverage if procured as an individual while businesses can deduct these expenses? This seems patently unfair to me. An individual deduction would make the net cost to the consumer lower, thereby enticing more people to contract for insurance.
3) Why is it that we cannot buy health insurance from out of state providers? This would increase competition which always lowers cost.
4) Why should we be compelled to buy insurance that covers nose jobs, abortions, sex change operations when we have no need for them or we find the act repugnant and unholy? This type of coverage causes an additional unnecessary expense to the consumer.
5) Why should a 55yr old couple be forced to buy coverage that covers childbirth when they are beyond their procreative years? Again another unnecessary expense to the consumer.
6) Why should we be forced to pay for people who willfully choose not to have health insurance? This is like saying I should be entitled to all Government Benefits, but refuse to pay my taxes. You know like Charlie Rangel and Tim Geithner.
7) What about the legal lottery system? Unnecessary lawsuits cause doctor’s mal-practice insurance to be an exorbitant expense. In some cases physicians pay $200,000 per year for this coverage. If you divide this figure in the 2080 hours for a normal work year, this expense is $96.15 per hour. If the physician sees 4 patients in an hour the per patient cost is $24.04. This expense is passed to the insurance companies and from them to the person or business that contracts for this insurance. This does not include the cost of defensive medicine the physicians are forced to perform. If you are serious about making health insurance more affordable and more available to all stop feeding the parasitic trial lawyers in this legal lottery system.
8) Where in the constitution is the Federal Government authorized in Article 1, Section 8 to impose compulsory health insurance? The simple answer; The Federal Government does not have the constitutional authority. Thereby this legislation is un-constitutional.
Choose liberty. We are endowed by our creator with unalienable rights. These powers are not assigned to a ruling class (you) to be meted out to the governed masses (us).
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”
“But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security”.
Choose wisely. Choose liberty. Choose the blessings of liberty. NO to Government Health Care, NO to Cooperatives, NO compromise, NO kidding.
Remember you swore an oath on the bible before God to Uphold and Protect the Constitution of the United States. You did not swear an oath to an individual, a party or an ideology. You work for us; we do not work for you!!!